Our Web Insights examine specific developments in digital technology and the behavior of users and non-users over time to help you understand how the world’s use the Internet has evolved.
We continue to add new Web Insights from earlier years of the Digital Future Project to provide perspective on the evolution of online technology.
For Information about the Center’s Web Insight project, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 (full report)
- Would you miss your print newspaper?
- Online technology: impact on the world
- Internet users and reasons for visiting social media
- Americans and screen time
- Socializing with friends
- The Internet and maintaining social relationships
- The credibility of social networking sites
- Engaging in multiple activities while online
- Time spent using offline media
- Unwanted sexual attention while online
- Alternatives to print newspapers (2012)
2010 (full report)
- Alternatives to print newspapers (2010)
- Are online communities useful and important?
- Cell phones and text messaging
- Concerns about credit card security while online
- Concerns about privacy of personal information when buying online
- Email communication with teachers, government officials, and health care professionals
- Internet access at work and views about productivity
- The Internet’s effects on children’s grades
- Internet non-users: views about not being online
- Posting photos (by age)
- Views about sources of entertainment
- Views about sources of information
- Working computers at home
2009 (full report)
- Are you ignored because of television or the Internet?
- Internet use and contact with others
- Where did you get election-based information?
- Why don’t Internet non-users go online?
2008 (full report)
- Digital punishment (denying minors access to the Internet or television)
- Loyalty to offline newspapers