Our Web Insights examine specific developments in digital technology and the behavior of users and non-users over time to help you understand how the world’s use the Internet has evolved.
- Uber and Lyft aren’t just urban phenomena (July 25)
- Would Americans give up driving? (The regional view) (July 18)
- How Millennials navigate (July 11)
In addition to appraisals of current findings, the Center creates Web Insights from earlier years of the Digital Future Project to provide perspective on how digital technology has changed over the past two decades.
2012 (For the full 2012 report used for the Web Insights below, go here)
- Would you miss your print newspaper?
- Online technology: impact on the world
- Internet users and reasons for visiting social media
- Americans and screen time
- Socializing with friends
- The Internet and maintaining social relationships
- The credibility of social networking sites
- Engaging in multiple activities while online
- Time spent using offline media
- Unwanted sexual attention while online
- Alternatives to print newspapers (2012)
2010 (For the full 2010 report used for the Web Insights below, go here)
- Alternatives to print newspapers (2010)
- Are online communities useful and important?
- Cell phones and text messaging
- Concerns about credit card security while online
- Concerns about privacy of personal information when buying online
- Email communication with teachers, government officials, and health care professionals
- Internet access at work and views about productivity
- The Internet’s effects on children’s grades
- Internet non-users: views about not being online
- Posting photos (by age)
- Views about sources of entertainment
- Views about sources of information
- Working computers at home
2009 (For the full 2009 report used for the Web Insights below, go here)
- Are you ignored because of television or the Internet?
- Internet use and contact with others
- Where did you get election-based information?
- Why don’t Internet non-users go online?
2008 (For the full 2008 report used for the Web Insights below, go here)
- Digital punishment (denying minors access to the Internet or television)
- Loyalty to offline newspapers